Thursday 10 June 2010

Summer skin care

Once again excuse the lack of pics - poor show I know! My camera is well and truely dead and I will have to get a new one. Any recommendations????

Anyway, on with the post.

Usually for the summer months I slap on a nice tinted moisturiser, a touch of mascara and a dab of bronzer and that's me good to go. This year I am taking a different route . . .

My skin has become prone to breakouts again in the last eight months if I am not very very careful with it. So to avoid upsetting it and risking spotty skin for those summer afternoons in the beer garden I am going even more minimal!

My routine is as follows:

I wash my face twice a day with Garnier 3-in-1 wash scrub and mask. I have been using this product for around two and a half months and I have seen a huge improvement in my skin in this time. It is less blotchy, my pores are smaller, I only get the odd zit and it doesn't dry my skin out. However, as soon as I stop using it my skin is horrible. As I said I use it twice a day and I am still on my first bottle since starting using it two months ago. It's only about £4 so it is very good value for money. I also use the Garnier Pure A Daily Treatment Moisturiser. I am on my second tube of this in two and a half months but at only around £4 I think that's fine. It's not an oily moisturiser and it creates a beautiful base for my foundation, when I wear it.

This summer I am not wearing foundation or tinted moisturiser.

I find my normal moisturiser is enough to hydrate my skin so I am ditching Benefit's You Rebel Light. After applying it I put on GOSH primer then Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer under my eyes and on the occasional spot. Then it's time to apply Benefit's Dallas powder all over my face with a very light hand. This just gives me a nice warmth and I can build it up if I get more of a tan. I brush it all over my face with my Benefit Angled Blush Brush then contour my cheeks with it. Next, a dab of NARS Deep Throat on the apples of my cheeks, a cheeky flick of L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner (which does get bad reviews but I LOVE it) and shlap on some NO7 mascara and I am done. Oh, a little slick of Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lipbalm gives shine and moisture - perfect.

The overall effect is natural and bronzed. My freckles shine through and give me that summery look which I tried to hide in teenage years but the intense liquid eyeliner gives definition which is a nice contrast.

What are your summer make-up tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers