Friday 28 May 2010

Latest Barry M nail paint








While on my lunch break today I popped into Superdrug after seeing a poster offering John Frieda Sheer Blonde shampoo for £3 - bargain!

I am such a sucker for that shop and cannot leave with only one item.


As I walked past the Barry M stand I HAD to stop and look (tut tut) and I am so glad I did.

I spotted a new shade which is just what I've been looking for. The mulchy, dingy brown colour of 'Mushroom' (number 310 or 018) was perfect. They had a 2 for £5 deal on but when I looked more closely I realised I had most of the colours anyway so I stuck with just the one.


I began application as soon as I arrived back at my desk and was initially disappointed. It was quite runny compared to my other Barry M paints. With the first coat it wasn't very opaque but after coat number two my nails were a lovely grey/brown colour.


Excuse the dodgy photo, my camera is still on the blink and I had to rely on someone else's skills. Also excuse the shoddy file-job - no file at work and I was eager to get it on.


In reality the polish is more shiny than it appears in the photo, I had hand cream on which dulled it slightly.


'Mushroom' is a nice, cheap alternative to an Essie polish which I know many people rave about but I have still to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers